Since its founding in Detroit, Michigan in 1915, Kiwanis has grown to over 600,000 members in nearly 15,000 clubs in more than 90 countries.
The Kiwanis Club of Medford was Chartered on August 22, 1923 with the mandate of serving the greater Medford area.
Since 1923 Medford Kiwanians have initiatied and provided many needed services for our local community as well as supporting regional and international projects that have impacted the lives of thousands of children and adults.
In 1957, the Kiwanis Club of Medford created the "KIwanis Dental Clinic" to provide free or minimal cost dental care to children whose families could not afford it and had no other support available to them. The Dental Clinic was supported by an annual fundraising called the "Kiwanis Kapers", a variety show held once a year. The cast of which were local community members and Kiwanians.
The Kiwanis Dental Clinic became what we know today as
The Children's Dental Clinic. The Kiwanis Club of Medford is proud to be a continuing sponsor of that organization. In 1954, the Club founded the Kiwanis Foundation of Medford, which has been an integral part of the Kiwanis Club of Medford.
Medford Kiwanians are actively involved with many activities and organizations, providing volunteer hours and providing funds to organizations that support the needs of children in our community.
We look forward to a bright future of Service and Commitment to the Greater Medford community, the State of Oregon and the World.